Software Implementation of the iCub Imitation and Communication skills (version 2.0)
This is the addendum to the Deliverable 5N.2 which is the second release of part of the iCub Cognitive Architecture. A placeholder document has been added to the RobotCub.org website with a pointer to this page. The demonstrations are provided here as videos.
The software implementation is a collection applications comprising YARP modules: each application realizes a given behaviour and runs independently on the iCub. The applications are available from the iCub applications documentation. The modules are described also in the iCub modules documentation.
- Please note that often the browser won't display/embed your videos correctly because of coded and/or other player incompatibilities. In that case, we recommend downloading them to your computer and then playing them using your favorite media player software.
- The main Doxygen documentation of the interaction histories experiment is available as the iCub application called ihaNew and can be browsed here
- Broz, F., Kose-Bagci, H., Nehaniv, C.L., Dautenhahn, K., Learning behavior for a social interaction game with a childlike humanoid robot, Social Learning in Interactive Scenarios Workshop, Humanoids 2009, Paris, France, 7 December, 2009. here
Human-robot interaction uses the interaction histories architecture
- The main Doxygen documentation of the interaction histories experiment is available as the iCub application called iha_manual and can be browsed here
- iha.wmv, full video of the experiment.
- Papers (and more):
- -Deliverable 6.4-
- Mirza, N. A., Nehaniv, C. L., Dautenhahn, K., AND te Boekhorst, R. 2005. Using sensory-motor phase-plots to characterise robot-environment interactions. In Proc. of 6th IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation. -PDF-
- Mirza, N. A., Nehaniv, C. L., Dautenhahn, K., te Boekhorst, R., Developing Social Action Capabilities in a Humanoid Robot using an Interaction History Architecture. Proc. IEEE-RAS Humanoids 2008. -PDF-
Imitation learning, refinement and reuse
- The main Doxygen documentation of the imitation learning application is available as the iCub application called Imitation learning, refinement and reuse and can be browsed here
- iCub_LasaImitation.avi: this video shows the imitation learning procedure as well as the process of policy refinement and reuse.
- Brenna D. Argall, Eric L. Sauser and Aude G. Billard. Tactile Guidance for Policy Refinement and Reuse. under preparation (2010) -PDF-
Body schema learning
- The main Doxygen documentation of the body schema is available as the iCub application called lasaBodySchema and can be browsed here
- Videos (older):
- bodyschema.avi, this video shows the learning procedure in simulation, or .wmv file.
- fingerreach.avi or fingerreach.wmv, learning to reach using a different effector (a different finger as the end-point).
- gazing.avi or gazing.wmv, learning to gaze appropriately (head-eye coordination).
- reaching.avi or reaching.wmv, learning to reach (whole body).